I can't even describe how much I am looking forward to a week away from work. I'm wondering where to start trying to get everything ready for Thursday and thinking the kitchen would probably be best. I moved Mr. Turkey from the freezer to the fridge and decided it should be cleaned out to make more room. I thought I would find some frighteningly unidentifiable items somewhere in the back but it wasn't too bad. I did find a giant zucchini and a cucumber from late summer that were still lurking in the bottom drawer - those could have gotten ugly if they had gone unnoticed until spring.
So now, a trip to the store for the not-so-perishable items, a couple loads of laundry, pulling chairs down out of the attic... I may even need to pick up a couple while I'm out today - or maybe a bench. I'm worrying that a couple of our rickety folding chairs may be un-sit-down-upon-able. That would not make for a relaxing dinner if I worried the whole time that one of our guests may crash to the floor at any moment.
So, here's to a week of spending time with friends and loved ones - that is truly something to be thankful for.
No comments:
Post a Comment