We took a tour of these caverns with a guide who looked and sounded just like Le Beau from Hogan's Heroes. As soon as he was done explaining each stop in French he would come back to our group and give the explanation again, this time in English. It's an amazing formation the goes deep within the mountain and is traversed by foot, boat, and train. There was a good amount of stairs leading both up and down - don't wear heels and make sure you are up to the trek as we saw a couple people who fell off the back of the peloton. I think they eventually caught up but they really struggled.
Where the train exits the cavern is a cafe/gift shop and I believe what used to be a hotel. Very Charming.
We had run into this type of restroom before in Port en Bessin but I was able to pass that time and wait until we could fine something more accommodating. This time is really was a necessity. It took a little coaching but I managed. I would hate to have been the gal with the heels trying to navigate this thing.
2 comments:
I'm gagging right now at the memory of photo numero trois . . .
I knew you would be, I was tempted to add that part to the post but my better judgement won out. :)
Post a Comment