Saturday, November 12, 2011

I'm Falling

I don't know if I have ever been so in love with fall as I am this year. The deep maroon-colored Maple in front of our house has turned the most vibrant crimson. I love seeing it when I pull in the driveway.

It is even more magnificent in person. Mother Nature really knows how to do her thing. 
 Here is a shot of the little lace-leaf Maple that overhangs the fence from our neighbor to the South from the living room. I think we get more enjoyment from this little guy than the neighbor does. So beautiful!

I am less enamored however, with the Maple that overhangs the fence from our neighbor to the East. As much as I love the tree itself as it is a wonderful shade-giver in Summer, I just spent the last hour raking and stuffing this mountain of leaves into bags... and the tree still has half its leaves still to fall.
Regardless, I am loving the blustery weather and the beautiful trees up and down the street. I hope I love winter just as much - now that would be a surprise.

No comments:

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable." -- Helen Keller