Turns out, investing in Apple Care for my new laptop a couple year ago was a good idea. I have had a new CD drive, new battery, and now two new fans replaced at no charge. And while I am getting by with an older MacBook on loan from Jim, it doesn't have all of my pictures loaded on it. The problem is I thought this was going to be a quick run to The Apple Store but they have had it since Monday and it's now looking like it will be well into next week before I get it back. I would have planned better and downloaded my pics - and no, I don't want to hear that I should have backed up all of my files before I took it in, I'm already sweating that one. More importantly, even though it's just a collection of tubes and wires (sorry had a Thomas Dolby moment there) but I miss having it. Come on Apple Guy! Call and tell me it's ready already!
2 comments:
I will tell you a backup story soon. My own (recent) issue is that my (backup) external hard drive is NOT WORKING. Good thing the original hard drive is still intact. I have since re-backed up to a second external hard drive. Call, Apply Guy, call!
OK, apparently my logic chip is out too because I didn't not have the NEW CD drive, battery and fans replace. I had the OLD drive, battery and fans replaced.
And I am vowing to start backing up properly... if I ever get the thing back.
Post a Comment