Awake at 5 this morning... popped Mr. Turkey in the oven and took a hike, grateful that Mother Nature saw fit to bless me with the perfect weather to try out my new Mizunos. And by perfect I mean a muddy mess!
I haven't been on the trail since my fall and it was great to get out there again. I thought I would be very tentative but with the new tread I felt very secure in the muck. Apparently I'm not the only person who's right at home in the slop.
After that I went home and proceeded to cook for 10 and enjoy the company of family and friends. All in all, a day worth giving thanks for.
2 comments:
awesome shoes! I have a pair of pearl izumis. Have you seen those new "sock shoes" (I want to say they are a company or shoe called Vibram) anyway my neighbor has some. They are from the theory you should run with as little shoe support as possible (something like that) they have toe sleeves (looks funny) and then a pad on the heel and on where the ball/joints come down to hit pavement. I wouldn't mind trying a pair out but until I wear my shoes out..won't be happening (he paid 85 bucks for his). Happy running!!!
I have seen those Vibram toe shoes at REI (I think) and they DO look goofy. I thought maybe they were for kayaking. It sounds like a solid enough theory but most runners have some ongoing issues with their feet. I can't see not giving my poor dogs all the protection I can get!
Post a Comment