Or as I like to call it, Sweet Potato Cobbler. Sounds more homey. :)
Filling:
3 - 4 cups canned (or fresh if your are a glutton for punishment, those will need to be cooked and peeled prior) yams/sweet potatoes
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup regular sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream (you can also use 1/2 & 1/2 or regular milk)
1 tablespoon vanilla
Combine all and blend until desired consistency. I like it a little lumpy but this time it came out very fluffy.
Topping:
1/2 - 1 cup crushed pecans
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 to 1 cup softened butter.
Mix dry ingredients, butter can be melted and stirred in or added soft and using a potato masher mixed into rest of ingredients. I like to melt it.
In casserole dish (I used a 13" x 9" for my potluck but will use a smaller oval one on T-day) pour filling and smooth out with spatula, add topping by hand or spoon on. Bake covered at 325 for 30-45 min. Uncover and bake another 10-15 minutes to get the topping nice and toasty.
et voilà tout
No comments:
Post a Comment