Thursday, April 3, 2008

One more day!

Thanks to some much needed help by my lovely friend Shannon, I do believe I am ready, or at least prepared, for this trip. We were scheduled to have mehndi done to celebrate my departure but I had so many odds and ends left to do that I asked her if we could cancel. She promptly offered up her services to help me get my act together. I hated to drag her up here to do my dirty work, which consisted of hemming a couple pairs of pants and lending general moral support (that is truly her specialty!) but I didn't hate it enough to decline her offer. 

Once we were done altering the pants and fixing a couple shirts, we went for Indian food at my favorite place in Lynnwood.  They must put some kind of mood-altering substance in their Masala because I always seem to leave there much happier than when I arrive.  So whether it's the full suitcase or the full belly, I am feeling much calmer about the whole Singapore endeavor. Thanks Shannie!

1 comment:

Stephanie Jean-Louis said...

Indian food makes everything better :) En devour or endeavor - it makes a difference (read on a website this a.m.) . . . Bon Voyage!!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable." -- Helen Keller