Friday, March 21, 2008

There will be caffiene...

 Maybe getting older has it's perks. Like finally realizing you can choose. Anything. Like choosing to let go of fear and doubt and whatever else doesn't serve you. I'm sure some people get this epiphany a lot earlier in life than I did. I've been a late bloomer in everything else so it wouldn't come as a surprise. It's been a gradual realization over the last couple years (with help from my beloved) that life is finite and if there is something that you want to experience you need to DO IT. You can either wish you could play a musical instrument or you could go out and learn it. You may never be Joe Satriani or Arturo Sandoval. You may never even play in public. But you will never kick yourself for not trying. 

So that's where this trip really begins. With the understanding that you can either live your life or let your life live you. So the fear of flying? Meh. It doesn't serve me. I have an opportunity to travel literally to the other side of the globe. How could I not go? Fear will need to take a back seat to adventure for once. So. I am two weeks away from my departure to Singapore to join my beloved half a world away and this blog will serve as a journal of the whole thing; the preparation, the flight, the time in Singapore & Hong Kong and the return. I know the experience will include surprises and stresses and disorienting time zone changes but my advance team has sent evidence that there is at least one familiar thing there to help me get my bearings.



No comments:

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable." -- Helen Keller