Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Three- Eleven, Three, Three-Eleven

I will skip the great meal we had at Cyclops and go straight to the venue. While The Moore is not the polished gem that The Paramount is, it does have a faded charm and they have made some recent upgrades to her, most notably (at least for me) are the upstairs bathrooms. A great big "Thank You!" to whoever's idea that was. 



The Wailers opened for 311, I'm still not sure how many, if any, of the original Wailer's are still on board  but they were good. I especially loved the amazing and beautiful back-up singers who looked like they were enjoying a laugh through the whole performance.  But a close second to them was the bassist who - I kid you not - wore a full suit of this. You can't see it very well in the picture but take my word for it, it was an attention-getter.


Next up, 311. Here they are doing the drum line just before Never Ending Summer. They played all the standards: All Mixed Up, Beautiful Disaster, Down - (all of which are on my iPod trail-running playlist) but my favorite by far... India Ink! They also played some of their early stuff including the classic "F*** the Bull****".  Don't let the title scare you. :)


And just in case one might think we were the only ones there with our phones out, snapping away taking pictures - BEHOLD! A virtual constellation of phones (I think this was taken during Amber) being held by the people on the floor directly beneath us.


Another amazing concert. These guys have a totally unique sound and even though the place was far from sold out, I think everyone there really felt what they were putting out. Their message is unmistakable: Stay Positive & Love Your Life!

No comments:

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable." -- Helen Keller