Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Follow up to Crack of the Bat...



This is truly the reason we were there. I know it's not a great picture (although the mole on the guy's neck in front of me is crystal clear) but my iPhone has no zoom so it's what I have; Ken Griffey Jr's first at bat at the Safe in a Mariner uniform. To say the place exploded would be an understatement. There is no mistaking the gratitude that fans have for the man (well, one of the men) who made this park possible. To have him play for the M's again now is a baseball fan's dream come true. I'm so glad we were there to welcome him "home". 



This is the Navy Band who played the National Anthem before the game taken a couple hours prior as the crowd poured in. I think someone was having a little fun at Mariner fan's expense because they were playing Yankee Doodle Dandy.  Yankee? Really? I think not. My favorite part of this picture is the little dude in the foreground sporting his M's cap with style. Sweeeet! :) 


Opening Day 2009! Mariners! Safeco Field! Sunshine! Good food! Great friends! While it could have been a little warmer, it would've been just plain greedy to ask for more that day. Play Ball!

No comments:

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable." -- Helen Keller