So we got a new toy, or should I say I got a new toy over the weekend. When Jim first started kayaking we took a "pool" class together but I never took the leap to real open water. It always sounded like too much work - seriously, this thing is not exactly light. Well, a couple weeks ago I went out with him and some friends and rented a kayak for myself and it was a blast. We went out to Lake Union and even though it was pretty choppy (can you say Boats Afloat weekend?) it was a lot of fun. Fast forward to this weekend and a nice lady had one for sale on Craig's List so we went to look at it and PRESTO someone has herself a shiney, not so new Seaward Luna (that's right, same name as my guitar!) and life is good.

Somehow all the pictures had mine in the back so you can't really get a good look at it but it's basically the same as the one in the front but a couple feet shorter and the bow isn't quite as upswept. Sunday we went out to the Sammamish Slough and paddled around. It was very peaceful with lots of wildlife; ducks, heron, salmon. Makes me wonder why I waited so long.
1 comment:
Yay for another new hobby! How fun.
Post a Comment